Monday, January 09, 2006

What year is it?

Another ganked "me-me"


1.What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Won a trip to Vegas by doing an Elvis impersonation

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t believe in’em. Although I’m doing better on my resolve to get achieve "total wellness"

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Ish. Can you imagine that? You’re on the bus or something and "bawoooosh"! Someone’s water breaks.
(Sorry Kaiser- Funk and Snow had a peanut. Yes they did/)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year

5. What countries did you visit?
Vegas. It’s a foreign territory in and of itself.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A completely finished kitchen

7. What date(s) from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
11/30

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Settling into my house

9. What was your biggest failure?
Heh. Having romance and love prevent me from seeing the train coming before it was 2 inches from my face.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
No. Heartsick was the worst of it. I think I’ll pass on going through that again for a while. Otherwise, I had a case of indigestion after binging on redwrights southern food. But it was worth it.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Ginger-glazed Cathedral-style Maple cabinetry.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The short list: Ro, Mom, Dad, M2, Redwright, Tallen, Nanook, Skilby, Ry-Gonn…That’s the selfish short list. Oh, and I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say SR. If you know her, you love her. An amazing gal.

Annnnnd I'll stop there.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Yeah. Online is a really wonderful place to air your dirty laundry. I’m a-gonna plead-ah the fifth-o.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Toward fixing up the Casa del P, and the evil plastic empires.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
What don’t I get really really really excited about?

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Golddigger

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? I don't feel comfortable answering this question.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner. No one likes a skinny Santa
iii. richer or poorer? If wealth were to be determined by the amount of love shown by your family and friends, then I’m gonna have to say I’m making the Forbes list this year.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Theatre (I passed up way too many gigs) Travel. Learning to keep my big mouth shut. Schtupping...

And relaxing. I feel like I spent ’05 perpetually in motion. Does that make sense?

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worry. Cry.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At the ‘rents during the am w/Ro+Co. It was loverly and low-key. (The night before was queer, but I haven’t spent X-mas at my parents since I was, what, 18?) That night I went to a few dinner parties, which were quite nice as well.

21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
HIT the buzzer. Yeh’ll rue the day yeh croshed me Trebek! (Can one actually type out "Connery-ism's" without them looking goofy?)

22. How many one-night stands?
I only have one nightstand. 3 drawers. No jimmy's.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Noise. I don’t typically watch it.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don’t "hate" anybody. You should be able to tolerate anyone and everyone. Everyone else isn't worth the time and energy needed to think about them.

25. What was the best book you read?
"The Professor and the Madman" and "DaVinci Code". Wonderful stuff.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Re-discovering Project Pat's: "Make that A$$ clap"

27. What did you want to get?
Are these questions here to torture and abuse? A new bathroom, garage, hottub, 4 season addition, deck, privacy fence, a 3rd bathroom...Do I stop now?

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Batman Begins, or SW:Ep III. Yes, pure geek.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
See #20. And it’s not the years, doll- It’s the mileage.

30. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Completing house projects. Meeting incredible people. Annnnd the 3 shows I did/started ("Crimes", "Hank V", and Starting "KFH")

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Taupe, is the new black.
(I’m corporate, yo. I got the khaki’s, so I can score with chicks.) Gap blue jeans and a loose shirt.
32. What kept you sane?
Ro, Mom, Dad, Redwright, Tallen, Nanook, Skilby, Ry-Gonn.
And me. I’m a pretty good "self-convincer"

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ugh. No more fancy. Jennifer Connelly hasn’t stopped calling me, dammit. Oooooo, does SR count, redwright? Damn those super-secret crushes!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Maybe not political, but dag yo’…Natural disaster’s abound.

35. Who did you miss? Heh. Right.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Not so much met, but getting to know better some of the peeps on the short list better has been nothing shy of spiritual.
And MD + the rest of the KFH yahoo’s are all pretty good eggs.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:

That it is ridiculous that so many cliche's are true. (And that love is an incredibly wonderful thing. I am a really moronic misty-eyed idealist, and this is corny as hell but if you look around you can see so many beautiful things. ) Annnnnd I learned how to text-message on my phone. (Even though I can only type in ALL CAPS right now.)

1 comment:

Frethem said...

R. Funk and Kris Snow gave birth Massa P.

rwnhwnrl - Seriously? That's what I get? WTF?