Monday, January 09, 2006

Strangeness

So after the matinee, I trucked on down to the ‘Garage to soft pass a script. Many peeps reading the papers will have heard about all of the hard work that SR has put into the place, and does it show. (They even had some pretty cool feckin’ programs.) It was all kind of…humbling, to see it all. So when they all decided to head on over to Rude’s for a postie 2-fer, I naturally said "Yup". Mama 2 was kind enough to point out that I got to sibbye her Rice-liness (Okay, in fairness her man was on the other side) And I be all like: Ooooooo and Gooooo and having a ridiculous time forming complete sentences*. I talked to LSA about it, and she said that her husband does the same dang thing- Getting all flustered. A charming woman, with an incredibly generous spirit.
(*btw, it’s a new P practice for ‘06- Learning to keep my yapper shut. Let that be a lesson to you all- If I look quiet and contemplative, it’s probably because I’m really trying not to sound like an ass.)

To Redwright:
"Psst."
"What"
"She touched my leg"
"I know"
"It was by accident…but still"
At the end of the night, I think I committed myself to go on a portage trip through the boundary waters with her man. I do that a lot. This is the 2nd type of trip like that where I found myself invited without even realizing it. It’s like a drive-by invite. (Which is why I need a tattoo that says "No". Or maybe one that says "It seemed like a pretty good idea at the time")
There is a reason why I surround myself with those folks. They are really good for the soul. And if you get a chance I gotta tell ya: there is a distinct pleasure in obtaining a ssso.*





Later , "I met my ooooolllld lover for a drink last night. She seemed so glad to see me, I just smiled." We talked. We played catch up. We found out what we’d been up to for the last 3 years. The shows, vacations, what was coming up for us…It was good. It was nice.

And then 10:30pm came along, and I turned into a pumpkin. We sat there, very quietly for a few moments. Her eyes flickered over the video crack machine. Mine to the TV on the wall. We smiled at each other again.

"You have a big kid job tomorrow, huh?"
"Yup"
"Better get going"
"Yup"

And I got thinking= 3 years. We covered 3 years in 2 hours. And that was it. There just wasn’t a heck of a lot more to say.

We xchanged our #'s, and said we should get together next week or after the run is over. She gave me a big hug and a smooch. ("Your warm" /"I’m fat"/"Same old P")

And we parted. I don’t know why that just popped in there. But it did.

1 comment:

P said...

Dave Tofani and Jerry Niewood rule.


* And ya skipped out of the party b4 I could say goodbye all proper-like. ; )