Thursday, January 26, 2006

R.A.O.K

(Random Act of Kindness)

I went for a jog last night right before my callback. As I was heading down 29th (Down the home stretch) I saw a guy who was strug-strug-struggling with a mattress and box-spring. He had one of those TUB’s deals, and couldn’t quite get’em in.

So I helped him. And that felt pretty darn good.

(It reminded me of a story from bible-y nursery school. "God came to earth disguised as a beggar. As he was trying to make his way through the city, he was jostled and accosted and treated very poorly. Finally, one man took pity on him and brought him to his home. The man fed the beggar, allowed him to bathe, and told him that it was all right if he wanted to stay with his family. God revealed himself to the man, and stated that for his generosity he would be allowed a supreme reward. The man told God that the only thing he wanted was to continue doing kind deeds, without knowing he did them. And God thought that this was a pretty good idea." I'm paraphrasing the hell out of that, and I'm sure I've heard it before with a forest witch or a wizard or a lemming, but you get the idea, right? My other favorite was "Talent is God-given...so be humble". So there they are)


The Callback last night went fine. (It wasn't a date exactly, Butterfly Girl. And No, no kissing.) There was a bit of a wait, as they wanted the Shauna’s to go 1st and then the Sams…leaving the Bobby scene’s until the bitter end. Which really wasn’t a huge trip either way. (Only 5 Bobby’s were called back.) AC stopped over to say hey, as did Kaiser who were both upstairs for "12th Angry Night" rehearsals. One great surprise was that my friend Reid who I’d worked with on a couple of MoCW shows was there. A nice guy, he tells me that he’s engaged and flying out to hang with his fiancee’ who’s travelling through Thailand. The ramble strikes again.

Afterwards, I met w/Future roomie ( I wanted a status/welfare check), Tallen, and Redwright over at Prestons. Then Home sweet Home where I talked to Orley for what turned out to be almost 2 hours. (We had a s#itload of catching up to do. It’s been almost 2 years since I’ve seen her! Shoot, she was juuuust starting to be all pregnant N’stuff.) Because I am an agreeable guy, I’ve been invited to Harmony Park for a music festival over Memorial Day (Camping trip.) Huh. And I was told several times that her friend LC was "hilarious". So, behold:

Here is your shout out Paintergirl. Veeno soon.

My bud MD gave me a book report on this wire-fu gig we were invited to. She said it’s pretty cool, so I’m gonna be draggin’ my buns out to Eagan next week to get strapped in and make like Spidey.

Which sounds really feckin’ cool.

Or, you know...shite to put on the rezzie, right?

Countdown: 3 "Knights" left at crappy job # 2. Yee to the Haw, Hillbillies…no more working w/ costumes/formal wear. Or customers.

No comments: