Monday, January 30, 2006

Friday Fog, and Yawn-i

Fallen Balls I’m tired! Really Really Really tired. Really. It doesn’t help that my body lacks the capacity to "sleep in" effectively halting any chance of recovering sleep. Even if I come home around 4am. No lie. The brain and bod says "GO TIME" and it’s up and at’em. Granted, my faculties don’t return until I’ve had that 1st cuppa delightful java. (And, there is the fact that I’m not the prettiest man lounging around in my Spiderman Undies and bathrobe. I take that back. That is, in fact, when I am sexiest. Boo-yah.) So, because this weekend was allllmost epic in it’s telling, I’m finna break it up like this: 3 part harmony.

I guess my tale starts Friday with a fantastic production of "Ghosts". Now, my open disclaimer is that I’m not a ginormous fan of Ibsen (Blame my theater history 3713 prof for making it the driest part of lecture. Would it have killed him to give Ibby-Ibby buck buck a little moisture?) It was fantastic. LSA was my ssDate for the night, and we had a great time "laughing at the stuff no one else thought was funny". Dorajar, DC and the rest of the cast were terrific, and technically the lights and sound kicked all sorts of hard-ace too. What I was presented with was a very intense night of theatre. Loved it.

(Here’s where things get, interesting.) LSA, ES, Kaiser, and I joined the cast next door at Preston’s. After cocktailing for a minute, Dora and I hightailed it to her friends house for a lil’ hoottubbing. (Seemed like a hot ticket. And lord knows I’ve been a sore monkey lately) before ya know it, I’m facing down the high end of (close to) 3 in the a.m. Standing outside with a wet head of hair, (It's a miracle I didn't get sick) And I gots to be at work in 5 hours.

A term I’m fond of is "you danced…now you gotta pay the piper."

So how WAS work you might ask? Read on...

No comments: