Wednesday, December 06, 2006

History is cool

Did you know that I wanted to be an archeologist? It's true. Yes, this fire was partially fueled by a drive-in back to back viewing of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "Tron" (Hey...I wanted to be a archeologist and not some hockey-padded glow in the dark frisbee chucker. That was next year. And for the record: "Tron" rules. You can play with the action figures I have of Tron and Flynn the next time you visit)

Anyway, my moms fascination with Egyptology coupled with this pop-culture cinema extravaganza fueled a remarkably hot fire that still simmers slightly to this day. (I gave up on wanting to actually BE be an archeologist when I found out that: A- They don't carry around a bullwhip and swing around on things...and B- They don't wear fedora's. What's up with that? Most of'em wear those lame-ass straw gardening hats. Lame.) The curiousity and throwback excitement gets piqued when I read articles like this the possible discovery of St. Paul's tomb underneath the vatican.

How cool is that?

No comments: