Monday, September 11, 2006

Please stop...

My wiki addiction clearly need to be reigned in. It's taken over my life in the pursuit of information and knowledge that is reaching Faustian proportion's. (It doesn't help that an abstract random like myself is hypnotized by the idea of links leading me to more and more and more information.)

What cracked me UP however was how I know shit like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharomyces_cerevisiae

Back in ALP Biology in hiiiigh school, we were tasked with studying those bastards. Transferring the specimen from their petri dish using graduated pipettes to a slide and writing our reports on our findings.

It really was as exciting as all that. And random and strange that it was on wiki.

Anyway...Damn you wikipedia. Damn your knowledge which in spite of not probably being always 100% entirely accurate, you're still bloody fascinating.

No comments: