Monday, April 11, 2005

Protein weirdness

I’ve got a new eating habit I’m starting, proving once again my penchant for being food obsessive.
(Seriously- You want crazy nibs, you’ve come to the right blog.)

I’m back on the bodybuilder diet, and I’ve begun reducing the number of superfluous carbs and trying to increase my protein intake. I’m not "anti-carb" (blasphemy) or even (shudder) digging on Atkins. I just happen to know that recommended amount of pure protein that can help stimulate anabolic muscle growth, is that so wrong? I’m still eating the carbies (Pasta, Wheat Bread) I’ve just 86’ed bagels, Baked Tostito’s , low fat popcorn and other low fat snacks. Y'know? Simple Starches which don't do dick for energy or to promote the Krebs cycle.

And I’m cooking shiteloads of Chicken Breast. Seriously- I bake 10 Chicky Boobs on a Sunday to have during the week. (And to cut up to throw in pasta dishes, Faheeta’s, etc..) I’m jonesing to break out the dang grill (While I enjoy the speed fat burning capabilities of Mr. Foremans Opus, I think he tends to leave the meat a little dry. Now that was a Euphemism if I ever said one.) Beans, Soy, Tofu, Water Tuna...You name it. My recovery has been much better and I’ve actually felt a little more energetic lately, even coming back from a run. Balancing the protein pasta in my diet has improved my vascularity ( read: Arm Veins) and kept my jeans from being Eddie Bauer Tight. All this cooking and planning, just to have a McConnaugh-esqe tummy. You are lame, P.

Why this new tirade? My mom and J’s mom told me I looked "thin" last Friday, and J asked me that night if I had been eating at work. Yeah, I eat tissue paper and water… Have you SEEN my double chin, honey? That’s where I hide the extra sammich.
I had a film audition last Saturday…I didn’t get it. Duh. Food Obsessors don’t get cast. They hit up Chinese buffets…And there’s a good one by my new place.

No comments: