Friday, April 08, 2005

Much...Much to do.

Gotta see some shows, man! Take me Out, MoV, some shite at the 4th street (I have a feeling that the theatre can fold space and time so that 6-7 shows can go up- all at once. It's a mystery.) I'm probably gonna miss Ass You Lick It, to which I'm bummed. One of my first post-HS forays into "big kid" theatre. I did it as a lark to get away from a cheating girlfriend (My yearbook photo was my headshot for Chrissakes) but...I got in as an "extra" (Nowadays they are called "essentials"...blargh. It doesn't change the fact that in your contract you're considered "scenery with legs" and only get paid $100.)

Still...


I had a terrific time, working with those Guthrie peeps, and after hearing Charlie Janasz give the "All the world's a stage" speech 40 + times...I really started to dig Mr. Shakes.

Ahhhh nostalgia. If I wasn't such an ego-centric 19 yr old I would have probably glommed more from the experience, but that shallowness kept me from probably being more annoying ( The other "Extra's"-who had just finished their theatre degree's were chomping at the bit to have some face time with Garland Wright.) I was just interested if I could keep drinking at the Dram and not get carded. And if the pretty little gal playing Phebe wanted to kiss me. She sure seemed like she did.

No comments: