Monday, February 27, 2006

That sucks...

I'll keep my Don Knotts homage brief. Some quick memories anyway-

Staying up late to watch the "Andy Griffith Show". Every time I've ever locked myself out of my car I feel like Barney Feckin' Fife.

I considered naming my 1st cat "Mr. Furley"

Redeemer Church would have "Movie Saturdays" in the afternoons. They'd project reel-to-reels of "easy to digest" movies (read: Disney and Kiddie Fair). One of them was "The Apple Dumpling Gang". I didn't get it. I liked him better in roles like "The Incredible Mr. Limpet" (Which channel 9 would show just about every month.) Knotts turns from Man to Fish that can bellow loudly. Genius.

My bosses boss has a "Fife Print" on his cube.

RIP Don. We need more googly eyed physical comic actors. The world would be a better place that way.


And to the Old Man, Darren McGavin-

Reminded me of my dad whenever I'd watch "Christmas Story". (My mom still says "Fudge" in lieu of the actual swear word) Whenever I see redwright's dogs with their big floppy ears I wanna yell "GAAAWDAMN BUMPESES!!!"

I watched Kolchak with my mom when I was a kid. It freaked the crap out of me, but then again my mom liked Dark Shadows so what are you gonna do?

He was in "Raw Deal". Pure 80's fluff. Pure.

He's in one of my favorite X-files episodes.

No comments: