Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Depp. Grrrrrrr!

"He chooses such GREAT movies"
"He's mega hot..."
"He's a tremendous actor"

Three quotes, which seem to always be involved in any conversation about Johnny Depp. Even my dad thinks he is a terrific film actor (My dad doesn't dole out that kinda praise. He also hasn't commented whether or not he thinks Mr. Depp is hot, but he HAS said that "It helps to be good looking.") Whatever. He'll always be Officer Tom Hanson. Jump Street porkchop. He's now up with McConnaughey in the "P is irrationally jealous of them " file.

So I guess it goes w/o saying that he kicked some arse again in "Finding Neverland". I'm not gonna say that like, oh, with the same tired breath as one would've said "The Yanks won the Series, again..." but it seems that even a bad, or mediocre film get's brought up by that very dorks presence. (See "Secret Ass-Dow" for an example).

"F.N." shows what it means for someone who is so passionate about the world he creates-in his imagination, and invariably the positive effects it has on those around him. For me growing up, this was something my folks never wanted to stymie in my brother or myself. I guess it just hit closer to home than I expected, and yes- I had a lump in my throat (although not as bad as when I saw "Big Fish") . Check it out if you have time. I dare you to keep a dry eye during the Peter Pan Home encore. Folks who've seen it, know what I mean.

2 comments:

Portana said...

Speaking of movies (I needed a segue to this topic), own the clone wars cartoons (I know there is a "season two" but dont know if they are on cartoon network yet), read the book that is prior to the movie (of course again, cant remember the name of it, but it was a great book) so that gets me back to geekdom. Though I am still contemplating the midnight showing but that means standing in line here for tickets on wednesday (no fandango and only sell tickets the day of the show here in Montana....sucks ass).

Thanks for the q on the B and B tryouts... off to B and N tonight!

As for Jonny Depp, in my book hes not so much....there are actors out there that become the characters, to me JD is JD in a roll (kinda like julia roberts in any roll she takes).

P said...

I can even admit he's good, and I do really enjoy his shite. That rascally Depp. McConnaughey is the one who plays shades of himself in every role, that frisbee-chuckin' cheeba monkey.

I remember you writing about owning the clone wars. Starwars.com has the complete season two for free. (Eps 22-26, I think? Hyperspace subscribers can watch the big version. We poor folk can watch for free in teeny-tiny Quicktime.)