Thursday, March 24, 2005

Growing Pains/Time to move

From a work standpoint, this month has been higgledy piggledy. My office has deemed the rent prices in our current locale to be a bit exorbitant, so a few years ago they decided to build their own building, which has recently been finished. So now we're moving from one point in the NW suburbs, to another point in the NW Suburbs. (Couldn't have built a building closer to Minneapolis, couldja? No? Grumblefuck.) I've recently been told the new bldg is too small for our business needs. (Read: My new office will also be used for storageand to hold mini-meetings.) And don't get me started about the actual moving process. We actually had to have a meeting scheduled to show us how to assemble the moving boxes, and also where to place the "move sticker" on the box . (Hint: It's the spot on the box that says "affix move sticker here")

We're also told what they will move for us (PC's and any "file-type" things), what we need to move ourselves (Everything else- staplers/tape dispenser/pictures etc.) , and what we can't have (Radios, desk lamps, and plants. ) Fruity Pebbles, NOW I've got to bring home a wilting fern and hydrangea . I've also been volunteered (ordered) to come in over our blessed 3 day weekend and "test" the new systems to make sure they are up and running . Sweaty Balls! There goes my weekend. Did I mention the building is too small? It blows goats, folks.

Quick Hits: (On a positive note)
-I found my route. That's right kittens, I now have a jogging route in my neighborhood. It's the perfect blend of challenging uphills to start off, tapering to a nice descent on my return path along the parkway totalling 3 to 5 miles depending on my mood. I was navigating this course last evening and did not see these wooden vines sticking out from a retaining wall fence. So, I took a wooden vine square in the eyeball. Yes, it does hurt. And I look like I'm baked my left eye is so fargin bloodshot.

-J goes in for an 8 show stint as "Reno Sweeney" (read: Lead Chick) starting tonight. This is good for her professionally to show the director and producers that she is a good singer in addition to being a very talented dancer. It's also good for her physically (Reno doesn't engage in as much dancing as the "Angels", meaning she won't be as pooped.) We're all very excited for her and both of our fam damnilies are gonna see her Sunday afternoon. This will mark the 3rd time I've seen "Anything Goes", and could quite possibly meet the record for the number of times I saw "Cats" (5...I love my girl and I get in for free.) Send positive thoughts!

I've got to finish packing now. I'll post tomorrow from home on "Good Friday". Why is it "Good Friday"? Because I get the motherloving day off, that's why! Oh wait...I still have to come in this weekend. AHHHHRRHGGGH!!!

No comments: