Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Unemployment Wk 2: A glimmer, faint and sparkly

6 New Messages! Says my Yahoo account. When I turn on my PC in the a.m. I'm generally positive that those messages will contain one or all of the following:

Best Western Inn Deals
CareerBuilder/Monster Searches
Northwest Air Frequent Flyer
Friendster (How many women have the time to photograph their thonged buttocks is beyond me)
Mom, sending when she gets home

But...

There is one that comes from one of the buddy-referred places stating that "they are only offering an interview to limited individuals and how my resume' caught there attention would I please email information today..."

Yup. Nibble #1.

I keep my hopes and cajoling to a minimum but usher them an email ASAP. After reviewing my business, I get back to the grind. Family referral from yesterday responds and gives another half a dozen links. I've barely even scratched the surface of the ones from yesterday, but make a note to try and finish them by today. I finish laundry, pet kitty, and head out to meet Moda for lunch (On her. Again. Sighs) before heading back to check business (again) and nap. I don't know why it is, but occasionally I'm convinced that I have tsetse flies in my house. It feels like I walk in the front door and an invisible yolk with heavy weights is on my shoulders. And it takes all of me just to plod upstairs, pet kitty, get undressed, and plop down.

I'm gonna blame the shoulder and arm workout on that one. And want you all to know that the only reason I know what tsetse flies are and how they affect a person is due to the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" console game for the Atari 2600. Avoid the Tsetse. That is all.

More business checking, dinner at Moda's, then back home. I fold more laundry, watch the rest of the Godfather part deux, and call it a night. These are the bad days.

No comments: