Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Unemployment Redux wk. 1 day...aw screw it...

So here we are again. I'm hoping that Wednesday proves fortuitous like my Wednesday 2 weeks ago. (When the offers were out and hopes were high) Despair set in early as opposed to the first time I was let go, and I found myself unable to sleep a wink going into Monday. Full blown insomnia from 10:30 on. It was revolting.

Monday I was able to be semi-human and set myself up on a unemployment routine which goes something like this-

Every day, attempt to find/apply for a job
Every day, check status of contested unemployment
Work out every day. Jog. Lift. Keep your heart and mind strong.
Every day, read something
Every day, do something for the house. Laundry, dusting, polishing, whatever.
If you have to go somewhere, ask if you can walk there.
Do I have to go anywhere anyway?
Write 50-100 words...every day. (This is in line with my desire to either be a freelance journalist or write my one-man show)

And I've been pretty good about that. Except for Monday when I hung out with the Grumpy Jazz man watching movies and eating Jimmy John's take-out which, despite my station, he made me pay for because I lost a bet while watching "The Ten". (F#cked up film, btw. Check it out if you liked "The State") So Monday was a wash for 60% of that list. ( I sent the temp agency my notice of availability and called back that potential lead, which was another bust. Seriously? Going door to door checking with teamsters if their insurance is okay? Whoa)

Yesterday was re-checking my unemp website, searching Careerbuilder, and vacuuming. All with a 4 mile run and scrubbing the bathroom top to bottom. It needed it. And ish. Also, I was able to play the hero for a change when I received a phone call from a soggy Moda regarding a towed vehicle. Ish again.

So yeah. Wednesday...great...yeah...let's keep our fingers crossed that this day yields something positive.



In other news- No Refunds rules...thanks fellas:
http://www.norefundstheatre.com/?p=274

No comments: