Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Shoot me!

So I mentioned that I was given a gig by FeeW a week or so ago. It was, to be sure, sorely needed income in lieu of aforementioned recent expenses (read: F#ckin' Water heater) It was pretty DL in terms of structure. Show up. (At the studio, which was a scant 1.5 miles from my house) Wear a suit shirt and lab coat. (I was a mad scientest) And read the material from cue cards about...stuff. (Its an interactive game that will be shown at the State Fair this year) Well, Ad-dude says to me "Try 'zany'...like Jim Carrey"

Oooooookay.

So I'm all over the place. Riffin' after I'm done reading the cards. Shouting. Stomping. Sweating like it's my job. Trying not to curse (It is a children's game, you know) And trying to entice whoever may be walking by the booth to come play...me. ("YOU! YOU, sir...with the fanny pack, Hawaiian shirt and black socks...WAIT! COME BACK!!!")

You get the point.

So I might tell my folks where to find it, but to be sure I don't think I wanna tell the TC theatre community at large where to find yours truly of the peanut sized head and the afro sized gelled hair acting the fool.

I'm a doof.

No comments: