Thursday, August 02, 2007

Safe

Hey all. If you reading this, I'm safe. I was on my way to dinner at a friends house and left @ 5:57pm (Shut up. I remember times, okay?) Anyway, I slammed into immobile traffic and called him from my car. Unmoving. (Did I mention that? I also had a bag of thawing chicky boobs in my crotch that was supposed to be dinner. Chicky Boob Au Crotcho) I told him I'd be late.

Cut to 10 additional minutes with cop cars, tow trucks, ambulances, and fire trucks whipping by on the shoulder and folks humping over the hwy median to go in the opposite direction. (Buddy here almost gets sideswiped by a cop who had some choice words for me when I was trying to get over and out of the way and one of his buddies decides to go on my left. Okay. Pick a lane, copper)

If y'all know where I live, 35W South and North is a mess, and the "My Johnson" St Exit is a bitch with all the construction already. I flick on the radio which lo and behold is "The Cities" and doodpants DJ sez "This is no joke, the Wash Ave Bridge has collapsed."

I whipped a U turn and hopped the median like everyone else.

It was frantic, but most of my immediate circle was reached in a short time (The waiting. With the cell phones. Was kind of paralyzing. Not to mention Dorajar left her cell at home, so I kinda freaked when Magrooder's answered.)


I hope all is well with everyone else. Okay? If you know my number, call or email me at home today.

Take care, be safe, and be well.

No comments: