Thursday, August 09, 2007

Gonna make you sweat-TAH!!!

Anyone else sweaty-business? Show of hands? I'm normally a big-time sweater during physical activities...jogging, karate, etc. And I don't do "humid" all that well. But lately I've been worrying myself a bit. Yesterday, I attempted to lift weights and jog for the first time in about 2 weeks (Much to the protestations of my calves and shins, which started screaming by the end of the 3rd block. Not a fun 3.5 miler) Lifting turned out to be a bigger b#tch...I dorked my left shoulder after subbing in softball and the ROM has been reduced significantly. (Punching and backfists can't be done without a knife in my rotater cuff. And dumb as it sounds, I canna put my arm around Mo with out the same deal happening. Or pull a shirt over my head.)

Teh suck.

Anyway, sweat. After activities, I need a period of cool down so that my body dries out before showering. Reason being, if I try and jump in the shower the chances that even after towelling off I start sweating again are pretty high. Well, I did just that before Mo and I walked to lunch and sure as sure, was a sweaty mess by the time we got to lunch. After we split for the night, I ran a few errands. Easy, right? HAH! Walking from my car into Rainbow I had already started to sweat. WTF!?!?

The A/C was on last night since my house was hot and muggy, and my bedroom has the LEAST circulation in the house. (Anyone want to come over and install an actual window?) Well it was above the covers to cool off, then below the covers before getting too hot. Repeat all night.

Grrrr. I. Don't. Get it. Am I poisoned? So I read this:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003218.htm

And I got skeered. Cancer? Hyperthyroidism?

So, I'm calling the Doctor ASAP. And, uh...I should probably tell him that I noticed my hand shaking a little bit too. I thought it was hunger/low-blood sugar. Until I saw it after lunch.

And headache.

And a weird feeling of dizziness. Occasionally.

G#d Dammit

2 comments:

Portana said...

Actually, when I saw your symptoms, it looked like menopause. Then I thought about it for a second or two.

I is tired. Yous not my gender. Sowwry.

Welcome to old age. I go in for my physical at the end of the month. And I am worried too. And do I still take care of myself? No like I should be--why is that?

raven said...

Yeah, you can call me Sweaty Mc Sweatsalot. It's ridiculous. Especially since I used to be constantly chilly. However, now...if I so much as think about moving, or warm weather, or anything, I feel like I'm in a furnace. At the gym, it's insane how much I'm dripping. At work, the only time I'm not all gross is if I'm in the office which feels like a freezer due to the (relatively) low ceilings and lack of halogen lights.

I went in for a physical last month, and my doc seemed unconcerned.

I like to think that all this warmth is because I'm going to the gym, and my body is metabolizing the hell out of my fat stores. It's much more calming than aging.