Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Burned!

Go here:

http://www.welchmillcanoeandtube.com/

It was nice, yes? So the last time I went-ah-toobin' was during my summer with SHiP, and I was all like playin' the concierge of the company. Organizing Happy Hour's at Cuzzy's and Grumpy's. Being a naughty and flirty petunia. And during the run, I got it in my head the day we were performing in Kenwood that we should go toobin'! So my soon-to-be girlfriend, myself, and about 4-5 folks in the cast (Including Ry-gonn if memory serves) truck on down to the A.R. in Somerset. We tubed. We burned. We drank Strongbow cider by the can. (And here, reader's, is where Baby P learned that cider doesn't sit well in his tummy) And the only display of public noodity to be seen on the trip was a bunch of mulleted, crimson-necked doods who screamed "Show yer t#t's" to our crew (To which the women screamed back "F#CK YOU. SHOW YOURS!!!" And here is where I mentally shouted "Nooooooooooooo"!) And they did. And I died a little inside.

How, on the drive home, I had to pull on my leg hairs just to stay awake. And how the show that evening was...how do you say? "Low Energy". From 6 of us. Including moi. I remember it was fun, but that I smelled like dead fish and that this was probably the end of an era.

So fast forward to Sunday, day. After a brief organization, we got a group of about 11 of us to go cruisin' down the "clean" river. (And it was, to be sure. You could even see fish-a-jumpin') Armed with aqua-socks, sunblock, and a full cooler (Plus a plastic bottle full of Morgan's courtesy of D and A) We trekked off. And it was great fun had by all. Much laughing. Much dunking. Much drinking and sun-worshipping. And much showing of how much of a bad packer I can sometimes be.

I made several discoveries on the trip back and the subsequent following day (Thanks again for driving, beautiful)

I was burnt. Badly. In spite of slathering on the lube, I neglected to use SPF 30 and boy did it show. (Getting out of the shower, it was all I could do to not laugh at how ridiculous I looked)

I was sore as f#ck. The river was a little low, and so occasional I'd take a rock to the old tuckass. (Ouch) or if I was face down, I scraped the holy f#ck out of my leg. Also, I was on detail to drag our convoy away from the banks. My biceps and back were killin'. That was something I hadn't anticipated.

I lost my shades, and I almost ruined my cowboy hat. Frass!

And when I got back home, I must have gravely underestimated the amount of alcohol I put in my jug. My gut felt rotten. Trying to put down the Thai food later was a struggle, at best.

INsomnia- Didn't sleep a wink. Tossing...turning...fabric was my enemy. Not a lick of sleep. And I could barely make it through Monday.

So yeah. Oof. My big kid body was totally unprepared for the assault laid on it. (DurrrrAMA!) I think a blast was had by all. I know I did.

I think I'm gonna stick to water parks next year. ; P

No comments: