Monday, January 03, 2005

3rd already?

Well, besides grossing you all out with my New Years Grooming, I should probably have focused on the actual night itself. For example: How J looked (Gorgeous. I mean, just...yum.), How I looked (Like a besuited nerd-opolis.), How late I stayed up (4:30am), or how drunk I was. (Fairly. see the list below for all the nastiness I imbibed)

Midnight snuck up rather quickly (I had just overheard someone say "3 minutes!" almost immediately before the bandleader starts up with the whole countdown.."10, 9, 8, 7..." synchronize your swatches, dorko's!) Many kisses were shared, and we hosted a small after party gathering in our suite. (By 1:45am, we began to dispair that no one would show. By 3:30am we began to despair that no one would leave! And that we wouldn't be able to commence in any of our own New Years debauchery.) All told, the night was casual, and fun. And can I just add that being a new homeowner gives you an almost endless topic of conversation to fall back on? I had (What only seemed like) delightful conversations with folks about our houses. Very good times.

Here are the total's of what I ingested: 1 subway sub, 6-7 glasses of Pinot Grigio (One glass was dropped and broke) 2.5 glasses of champagne (Finishing J's so that she could go grab another "collectors" glass. Great. Now we won't be able to have Champagne in THOSE glasses until we celebrate New Years 2005 again!) 2 glasses of Chard (Blech, after the pinot) 3 diet cokes, 2 pineapple juices, assorted chips/nuts/M & M's, Shrimp Thingytail, and a choco-cheesecake truffle. Those last few things were all drunk food. And that crap fueled me for the whole day of manual labor that followed.

Current House assessment: Still freaking. Front and back rooms have been painted. Kitchen is re-wired now (ready for the updates) Stairs have been sanded and ready for staining. (Ahhh, more chemicals to inhale) We begin purchasing the shit-rock next weekend. God help us for those projects.

Was it just me, or did the snow that fell on the first have the same consistentcy as table salt and boxed mashed potatoes? It was just...weird.

Tomorrow, I regale you with my "Van Helsing" review (Not bad..not great, just not bad) and why I hate everybody who shares the elevator with me. Wankers.

No comments: