Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Why so S*A*D?

While convalescing, I decided to organize the CD puddle that was spilling out of my soft sided case. (It's full now, and with gifts coming in the form of mix and burned CD's, I tend to come away with more jewel cases than I know what to do with, meaning my case is bulging at the seams. It also means I need a better way of organizing my CD's)

Well one of those CD's was an X-Mas mix that I'd played a few times over the last few weeks that was a gift from D and A back in 2007 which has got a fairly eclectic and very non-annoying array of Christmas tunes. Sliding it back in the case, I was reminded that here we are. It is now after the first of the New Year. And from here on out, winter is going to seem less cheer-y and more winter-y.

So for the next few months until mid-to-late April, my soul is going to enter a dark world that can only be described as a bleak, cold, blustery, and desolate place. Very similar to the outpost stationed in John Carpenter's "The Thing" only without the coolness of Kurt Russell.

In fact, the only thing that cheered me up was that I discovered on MCN an infomercial for a X-Mas DVD (You know...only 8 days after "the day"*) I first saw this guy last year and neglected to write down his information because "HOLY S#IT HE CAN PLAY TWO RECORDERS AT ONCE!!!" (Moda made an unkind comment about what the two tubes looked like when he blew them-) Hint- Watch the video preview for "Village of Dreams". The German (Pronounced "Chur-mahn") grampa character gives me the shivers.

http://www.davidyoungmusic.com/slideshow.asp

Ahem. Hey, man. Good for you and your recorders.


Happy Deep of Winter, everyone. If it hadn't gotten so mind-numbingly cold so soon I would be b#tching about the upcoming deep freeze. At this point, after having busted out the long undiepants SEVERAL times already, the point seems kinda moot.

*This is from the guy that is dragging his feet taking down his tree. If you follow the myth of the 12 days of X-mas I shoulda had her down yesterday. (Ornaments and decorations left up after the 12th day are supposedly bad luck)

No comments: