Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The shivers...

This morning, it was - 13 degree's and a 30 below windchill. Windchill advisory. The coldest a.m. start since February of 2007. (Although the previous February, I recall it being so cold that even my car heater couldn't compensate. That'd be the night I saw "12th Night" at TRP and spent the night at Moda's Hobbit Hole in Uptown...sans heat. Yeah. We huddled around her stove like vagrants around a burning trash can)

Now the snowy commute last night sucked, but that was just because it was slow. This morning was a whoooole new kettle of fish. There were, literally, 12 accidents on my way in this morning. These ranged from spinouts on the off ramp (Two were only 100 feet from each other on the 94 to 494 exit) to full blown glass strewn across the road with crumpled fenders and bumpers.

- 13 degree's. And even colder by Thursday. This s#It makes me want to move to South America. Slather on Coppertone. Eat mangos...or papaya's. I don't even know if I like papaya's.

I like margarita's. This is definitely not a margarita climate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mike!!! This post is driving me crazy. Stop persecuting the possessive 's. Can't you just leave it alone and let the plural s do it's job?!!
:)