Monday, May 29, 2006

Weddings...and frass

Sats...where 2 begin? My best friend got married.

First I got to the church on time for the 3 hour "photo call". I loaded up best man accoutrements (Water, kleenex, snacks, toothbrushables, etc.) Funny bits would be the fact that in order to pass the time I brought my flask. (Something that his brothers all did...I'm sooo unoriginal. And they are so Irish.) It’s at this point you should know that we started what would be known as the "slow burn"towards drunkedness.

The ceremonial-I cried. I did. I don’t believe that I've never cried at a wedding. Even my big bro' s. Something about what the Fr. said really resonated in me. It made me weepy. So Shup. Proud Proud Proud of both of them. I commented later that the alter Christ was being suspended with cables. Cirque de Lord-ay.

From the church, after it was all like, "official" like, it was off to the caves...for?

Drinking. ( Really, I’ll say it again…how often is it that your best friend gets married, really?)

After the eating and speeches (I’m awfully glad I didn’t imbibe too much b4 hand. Yeah. I made it up as I went along. I’m happy that I didn’t raaaaamble on ad nauseum, but at the same time I'm frassy at myself since I didn't finish it with "May the Force be with you" but we can't have everything, right?) We cut a rug 'til the wee hours (One party foul all night. I was dancing to "They might be giants" when I biffed...I’m grateful that at least it wasn't when I was swing dancing with the groom's mama!) We shut'er down. And afterwards, a few of the wedding party and I hit a local bah for karaoke...a funny sight I imagine...being "those guys" in the sweaty, disheveled tuxes/dresses at a VFW. It took me the better part of an hour to get Ry-Gonns's sis back to her hotel (Guh. My internal GPS shut off at 1:00am.) and finally to bed.

At close to 5am
I. am. very proud of him.
I. am. very proud of her.

And what's, more? I wish to put out there that I can only wish them the kind of happiness that I'd hope for myself...and from a selfish bastard like me? That's a lot. Not as much as I'd like to give. But as much as I can muster.

Congratulations, Ry-gonn and Super-Grover. You both deserve the very, very best.

I did drink a lot. Not pukey mcpukerson, but I am sorry if talked to you and seemed "weird". Or weirder than normal. Or if I forgot to say good bye. Or if I smelled.


No comments: