Wednesday, May 03, 2006

P.O.F #1 *

*Point of Frass.

The fridge here in the break room at my office (Remember? The break room called "The Pantry" which I wanted to defile and have it read "The Panty"? Ugh...I get bored) So anyway, in an attempt to maintain cleanliness, facilities management (i.e. the Gestapo which doesn't allow plants/lamps/"garish decorations" like...oh...a huge stuffed Spider Man- in the office) well, good ol' "FM" sez that EVERY Friday, they will clean the fridge out completely. So, you know...be sure to get your shit outta there toute suite by 6pm, Friday night. So people have taken to writing what can only be described as pleading messages on their food, like "Please Please Please don't throw away my shredded cheese." Riiiiiight. Personally, if you'd have seen the condition of the old fridge, you'd have to agree that it's a pretty good idea. 400 people leaving their foodstuff for Goddess only knows how long, can get pretty foul.

Problem is, they've been listening to the pleading messages, and saving the food. Meaning that more and more people are leaving these notes on their lunches and snacks, and giving the rest of us poor slobs little to no room for our yogurt* or baby carrots. Some motherfucker actually brought not one, but TWO 1/2 gallon jugs of milk. 2 %, no less.


Milk. Obviously for, oh, the bowl of Kix they're going to enjoy at their desk...right?

Take your shit home on Friday, like everyone else. Or for fooks sake, Facilities....get on the ball.


* Some dork ate my yogurt yesterday. Not like, "Oh...I'll just take it back to my desk and eat it" noooooo, this individual actually put it back- half eaten. I thought it felt a little light when I brought it back to my desk. And did you know that the cafeteria sells yogurt too? For $1.59 a pop?

Hell's no. I'll starve before eating their bourgeouis yogurt.

No comments: