Friday, May 12, 2006

Frassin..Cool

I was told that I sounded "joyful" on the phone the other day, and I guess if you back tracked to some of my posties that happened around mid to late January you'd probably guess why. (And no, that's not to say I'm a depressive all the rest of the year, but this? This is still pretty fun and cool.)

"Great Moments in Kung Fu Theatre History" started rehearsals the other night, specifically scene # 1 called "Oedipus the Kung...Fu". After the briefest of drama when Jennybenny, Kathman and I were stuck in the Illusion stairwell. ("Which stairwell are you one?"/"It says 'blue stairwell'...where are you?"/"The red stairwell. Can you get there?"/"I hate you Gabe") it was aces. Just like old times, actually. Well, with one exception- Ro, Rob, and I were frassin' with the 'ography ourselves rather than having it already be in place...but eeehhhh.

It was still pretty feckin' cool. And I've started in on a whole new messa bumps, bruises, and floor burns. You can keep up with the mess here. By the way? That guy? Is wicked flexible. We call him "Mr. Tricep Flippy-Flippy". And I get to take his butt out, "Ong Bak" style.

So, if you campers are free/don't have a show/and want something in the same hilarious vein as "KFH", come spend your hard earned money ($15 bucks/ little man/ put that shit/ in my hand) this fundraiser is for you. Reception to follow.

June 3rd 8pm. the Illusion Theatre, Minneapolis. I fucking love kung fu.


(ps: How can a show not be cool when you get a rehearsal schedule that says "Tuesday, 6-8pm. Oedipus vs. the Ninja". Okay. Sorry. Geek time is done.)

No comments: