Monday, October 02, 2006

What. A. DAY!

Despite a rocky start of guilt on Sats a.m. ('Peppa had a couple of guilt inducing phone calls on her cell for missing the previous evenings activities. This is why I'm selective as to who I give my # to. Fewer callers. Less guilt. I honestly don't mean that, in the sense that I occasionally find myself checking for messages when really, who was I expecting to call me in the first place?) we, despite all that frass the day was go-jus. Sunny. Warm. And the perfectly welcome respite for all the cold and dreariness that comprised the past week.

So, we packed up and headed out to Shakopee in order to enjoy the MuRF!

And enjoy we did...after doing a countdown of rows so we didn't lose our car. Although we did end up walking right past it anyway when we left.

Highlighta's:

Eating-
I don't even think we were inside the gates for more than 3 minutes before the assault of carmelly cinnammony goodness forced us to scout out vittles. The finally tally at the end of day after both of us shared 90% of the goodness- Team M and M: Winners (Chicken Gyro, Spinach Pie, Brat for Mo-seph, Teryaki Chicky boob for Baby P, Underwhelming Chipotle Black Bean Soup in a bread bowl, Cinnamon Apfels and Ice Cream...and a couple of pints of beer/wine. No we 86'd the mead and Turkey Leg. And the Arbor Mist Pinot proved to be a mistake.)

Pics:
There's gonna be a picture that'll wind up being my new icon on myspace/friendster etc. Wait for it. And no, it won't be the one of dorajar pointing to the sheep's balls.

Shoppy-shops:
We didn't buy s#it. I thought we woulda, but nope. I think we made off with some high-powered inscense. Her car smelled like chocolate.

Peeps:
Got to see fairiepainter and got into a sniff-off which was good times, but sadly I missed trevmonster, fireboydan, and fitz. (I looked for the rassin' frassin' cage and everything!) The highlight for us was this little...thing? An 11 year girl who was probably the most unhappy bint we'd ever met. She walked with us through the enchanted forest and was probably our hardest audience ever ("Are you from out of state? You sound like you have an accent."/"NO, I'm from CHASKA!"/"Oh. So you're a Chaskan?"/"NO. I'm from CHASKA!"/"Oh.") We ran away. Screaming meemie chitlin='s a bad sign.

We hit a wall right after the parade, so we spit the bit (But not before heading out to Pee Elle to visit RsVP and his mad scientest wife. We checked out their new deck, I got a carpet, and we saw the nursery. They have a nursery. So strange to me. I'm going to be an uncle.)

Yeah. It was a gorgeous day. Go-Jus. And it marks the last type of summer/early autumn "event" of the year before winter. Oh sure, there's gonna be pumpkin patching...hay riding...and most likely a haunted house.

But where will we get to EAT?

No comments: