Monday, October 02, 2006

Age is just a number, baby.

Since we were still starving marvin by the end of the day, we ended up grabbing some (wait for it: Chinese vittles. Did y'all ever notice how Chinese food gets kind of a bad rap in the media? In almost every movie, Chinese food presents bad connotations: "Ms. Doubtfire" they show Robin Williams post-divorce dad feeding his kids Chinese Food when it's his "weekend" with them. "Ghostbusters", they're sitting around eating it while discussing clients and the sarcastic comment is made "This magnificent feast represents the last of the petty cash". "A Christmas Story"? When the X-mas bird is destroyed by the Bumpus's hound dogs, they end up at a Chinese Restaurant. Fa-Ra-Ra-Ra-Raaaaaa-rah-rah-rah-rah indeed. It's like you get Chinese Food and automatically you're being denied a decent "home cooked" meal. Fook that. I find the food to be delicious AND nutritious, thank you.)

So, it was Easy E's big kid 40th b'day on Saturday. Congrats, E, and many happy returns. It was a lot of fun to be able to hang out with peep's who I hadn't seen in, ohhhhh, 5 days? (I was typing this thinking that I usually don't get to see a lot of my friends unless it's rushed in a lobby post-show, when I had seen a majority of these folk on Monday night. Not that I'd remember...but then I'm a bad actor-friend.) Frass was made. Niblets were...nibbled. And we tested the limit as to how many peeps can fit on the porch before it became structurally unsound.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to 40. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't plan on really hitting my stride until I'm 50-55. I might decide to run a marathon.

Or sit at home with a glass of sherry, reading Yeats or some shit. Yeah. Yeats. That's scholarly.
Oh who am I kidding. It'll wind up being a PBR and the latest nudie mag. Oh who am I kidding. It'll wind up being a glass of orange juice and the August 1981 back issue of P'boy.

So yeah. It was a nice out-pouring of love for the man. I hope I can get some pipples out for my b'day. Last year was...kind of morose? Heh.

Oh, if you want to see pics of the man in his undiepants I think that you can still check'em out the fringefestival website.

IJS

No comments: