Friday, March 03, 2006

That was a feerkin' AWESOME dinner...

So, MeeP's decided on having a big kid dinner night last night, got gussied up, and went to dinner @ Azia. If you haven't been, go. This meal was 'eavenly. Ab-so-lutely 'eavenly. We enjoyed an app order of Satay Skewers, 2"Mo"jitos, Sake, and follow up Sake-tini, and then...wait for it...

wait for it...

wait-for-it...

Lemongrass Monkfish served over bowtie pasta. Served in a recepticle that was roughly the size of a mixing bowl. Huge. The fish were chanting Latin hymns..."Pie Jesu Domini im Requiem Canteloupiea"

Yeah. I ingested more carbohydrates/calories in one setting than I've eaten since 12/1/05. You heard it here first, true believers. I'm part of the Azia Clean Plate Club. (I TOLD y'all mo-fo's I eat! You should see RsVP and I at a buffet. We are a wonder to behold) All told, a public thank you to MeeP's for taking me out to dinner at a new restaurant. You are a goddess.

So, my bod didn't know how exactly to react to this debauch plunging of carbs...(or the shared tiramisu after dinner). And I was rewarded with a night suh-WEATING. I'd have been better off sleeping on my porch. I probably needed the massive calorie splurging, though.

Today? I opted keeping it light. Back on the wagon in terms of "simple diet". So after getting so busy that I almost missed my lunch? I threw together my veggies (Spinach) and soup (lentil). I'd say that there is a recipe for a cat-a$$-trophe. Two different types of roughage in one bowl? ka...boom. Sorry, TMI. (Although if I can make it out, I would be deadly at the dojo tonight. Can you imagine? "HiYA!!!! prrrrrrrrt")

Ma is being kind enough to let me sneak out to BeeP's and use the hot tub. I need it. I'm still feckin' sore on my hammy's. Have a great weekend campers! If you read this blog over the weekend, it might...MIGHT mean that I can start doing this shit from home!!!

YAY 'NET
Cable is Cooooming!

2 comments:

P said...

Thank you for dinner, gorgeous. And for broadening my ho-rizon's w/new places for din-din.

kynnm? KY needs new man?

tallen said...

Azia is awesome! cranberry cream cheese puffs... YUMMMMMMM!

other nummy places in town:
Manny's, Murray's, Morton's for steak - if it starts with an M, it should be good... I guess? ;-)
Saji Ya - tepenyaki and sushi - yum
Sample Room - great atmosphere - small - great food
Erte - voted best steak house on a budget
Bucca - not exactly schmancy - but, yummmmmmm about their spinach salad
I'm sure there are SOOOOO many more places - but, it's early and I'm sleepy still
Oh - and the Times - I'm a BIG fan of the times... fondue for two (which easily feeds three), great atmosphere and great music

Welcome signor tech

mewhued
mew hued - I have no idea what that means, but it seems like a past tense verb of some sort...?