Tuesday, February 01, 2005

That hits the spot

I felt like Ass-Id yesterday. My body was sore, I took off from wooork, I went home to help the J organize some more. And I felt wiped.

By 5:30, I thought "I have the flu". Cold, achey, run-down... From a physical stand-point, I was cruising for the bruising.


Then I hit the "Y"...and felt like a million smackers, all over again. A little streeeetch, a little liiift, a little jogggg. 15 minutes in the Heet Teeb, and another 10 in the Sah-OOOna (Sweatin' out those toxins) and I felt much better. Creative even. Yessir or ma'am, The "Y" will be my bathroom for the next few weeks. I hope the trade off is that I will be in great shape. More on that later.

The Creative: I met w/the HD peeps regarding our kitchen. Turns out, new kitchens take 6-8 weeks just to get the cabinets DELIVERED, that's not to mention the addt'l 6 weeks to get a countertop! Well, let's just say that we aren't financially capable of dining out nightly...for 2 months.

So, I fig after we get the shit-rock installed, we can jerry rig a countertop with some 3' X 6' ply and a couple of 36" 2 X 4's. It ain't "Beautiful Kitchen" but at least we'll have a spot for the coffee pot. Heck, we could even drop in our new sink!
Folks, you may never understand the intrinsic joy of having a place to set your stuff in the kitchen. Pretend you don't have one. Can ya? It sucks booty.

I'm also considering installing floor to ceiling/wall-to-wall bookshelves in our "library", placing one on a roller system to make a door. (Get it? a book shelf w/a hidden door. Granted, it'll just be a closet/storage room behind it and not a lab. Still Cool, right? Doubtful it'll happen) Ikea: do they have inexpensive bookshelves? I recall a reader who dropped a G there. (Get it? "G"?)

Annnnd we're gonna need to get the bathroom remodeled. Sooner, rather than later. After the J took her shower, I noticed a dripski coming from the kitchen ceiling. At least the ceiling is removed to get at the pipes, right? Ohhhh "J's Daaaaad".

The SW property, is nearly empty. Soon, I won't have to make any more trips to the old place. Except maybe to use the shower.

Danke for the well wishes peeps. (And offers to help) Once we get stuff situated, BELIEVE me I'll need to party.

No comments: