Thursday, February 17, 2005

A banner morning.

I arrive home after a rather full day yestiddy, to a very cool house. Not cold, mind you. Just cool. Now, J runs rather hot, so my initial thought was that she had dropped the thermy a few degree's. As it turned out the therm was set at a balmy 72 degree's, but the internal temperature sensor was showing 50 degree's. Fook.

I did all the checking- pilot light was good, thermostat didn't seem too fooked up, the heater just wasn't sending anything through the vents. And I was getting cold.

I was veddy veddy tired. (That whole overnight shoot the night before). Being that it was too late to call J's dad, I busted out the space heater for the BR, stripped (very quickly) and replaced my day clothes with a sweat suit, and tried to get to bed. When J gets home, I arise to go through the entire explanation again, travelling downstairs, pointing to things, getting a little salty. We go to bed under, I shite you not, 3 comforters and 2 quilts. I had my ski cap on, while J simply cannoli'ed herself in. (I subsequently did not hear my alarm, and was 1 hr. late to work. I'm glad my boss is understanding. ) All told, a very comfortable nights sleep.

Wake-up temperature? 42 degree's. Outside temps were in the mid-teens. And the fish was dead. Poor beta. We hardly knew ye.

This story is that will illicit the "that sucks, dude" response from most peeps. We truly are camping. Another MN winter thermostat story. 42 degrees!!!!

(Just got off the phone w/J. $100 and a half hour later, we find out we need to replace the thermostat due to a bad connection. The heater-guy tells J not to buy one of theirs, since they are too expensive. J's dad is bringing over a free one and will install it for her. Feh-King Thermostat!) Hadn't I said before that the amenities on this house were vast, including a newer Heating System? I should really hit the buffet to pad my beluga self for the possibility of future nights like last night.

I'm thinking I need to customize my lists. I was asked why "Guffman" wasn't on my comedic fave list. I should have been more diligent, Butterfly Girl. (Since the time we first viewed it together, Christopher Guest has released 2 more HI-larious documentaries. BIS and AMW. )
So, future side bars will contain favorite movies broken doon by genre. 'Cause us randomites can't choose an ALL-time favorite movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... at least you didn't call the garage repair man to fix your door... when it turns out it was just iced shut. Who Knew!?!? Yeah... felt smart that day!

Portana said...

yeah, dude that sucks....
:)

Dont you love home ownership?