Monday, February 28, 2005

Observation:

Oscar's were kinda boring. I didn't go out (or host) anything this year, which is a first. (And will probably be a long line of 1st's due to being a new home-owner/ boner-donor.) I was hoping that it would be a dark-horse kind of year, with Imelda and Johnny getting top-honors for acting and Scorsese finally getting his little gold man. Hard to judge when I haven't seen a single gawdamn one of the movies that were nominated.

Except Spiderman 2.


Weekend held no surprises- Our Friday/Sat/Sunday crowds were a bit more reserved than our opening night audiences. (Go fig, we had 40 "Red Hats" in the house- Many of them had stopped in at the Carpet pre-show.) Some folks think it's a comedy, others expect 2+ hours of pathos. Matt "The Scalpel" , The Malosian, Jim Lbs, JP, and the Apple all trekked up from cities to check out the show. Regardless of what was thought of the show or performances, I think it is really cool that they came up to be supportive. And to see if they could find the spot where you landed. You know who you are. Lander.

Since buying that house, the Saturday party was a very subdued affair. I was asleep by 12:30.
The wine bottle, mysteriously empty. And a kitten...gnawing on my forehead like I was a Vegas magician.

4 BR, 2300 sq ft, 2 car garage...in Saint Cloud? $150,000. In SW Mpls? $395,000.

My last morsel: I lost a reader, my friends. Latts got a new jobbie, which means he will not be able to access email/Internet unless he drags his butt to the LIE-Barry. Congrats on your new job, and your movie premiere, spanky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And to see if they could find the spot where you landed. You know who you are. Lander. BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Hee!!

Mikey funny man.

- The Weef.