Friday, June 17, 2005

Batman's audition piece's

Wow. Just, wow. My love of movie quotes and the IMDB has unearthed some hi-larious future monologues. (In case yer wondering about why I'm posting this- I've had "Bats" on the brain, so I was checking out Bale's filmography. Btw, according to the film crew he only lost 63 Lbs for La Machinist. Hella gross skinny. Like Jared Leto in the "Ass to Ass" film. Weird. He too, was in the below mentioned movie.)

These 'logues are from "American Psycho" (Which wasn't a terrific film, mind you... A more interesting read, IMHO. A friend wanted me to watch it for this one particular scene that he said "Reminded him of me". Whatever. If you've seen the flick and maybe know the scene in question, well, a big hearty whatever to you too. I've never flexed my bicep in a mirror during sex, thankyouverymuch. Jiggled my pecs, yes...but never flexed my arm.) I'm thinking his performance in the film is probably what got him cast as Bruce Wayne in the 1st place. Bale is steadily approaching the short list of "Actor's who P is irrationally jealous of." He's a good, honest actor. He's my age. And he is in great shape. Dickhead. I hate 'im.

I don't think I'd ever use either one of these unless someone was directing a Labute or Mamet play...but just. Wow. It's a sick world and I'm a happy guy.


Harold, it's Bateman, Patrick Bateman. You're my lawyer so I think you should know: I've killed a lot of people. Some girls in the apartment uptown uh, some homeless people maybe 5 or 10 um an NYU girl I met in Central Park. I left her in a parking lot behind some donut shop. I killed Bethany, my old girlfriend, with a nail gun, and some man uh some old faggot with a dog last week. I killed another girl with a chainsaw, I had to, she almost got away and uh someone else there I can't remember maybe a model, but she's dead too. And Paul Allen. I killed Paul Allen with an axe in the face, his body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen. I don't want to leave anything out here. I guess I've killed maybe 20 people, maybe 40. I have tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the girls have seen the tapes. I even, um... I ate some of their brains, and I tried to cook a little. Tonight I, uh, I just had to kill a LOT of people. And I'm not sure I'm gonna get away with it this time. I guess I'll uh, I mean, ah, I guess I'm a pretty uh, I mean I guess I'm a pretty sick guy. So, if you get back tomorrow, meet me at Harry's Bar, so you know, keep your eyes open.







Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

1 comment:

Frethem said...

Dude... that's excellent! I would totally use that!

I know they say it's taboo to use a movie mono for auditions, but I say ta hell with 'em! If you get shunned for doing something like that, it's just wrong.

Think I got a new topic for the callboard...