Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Henry the...what?

I think I'm doing a show, really. Henry, dot dot dot "something or rather?"

Rehearsals around the holidays, boy...tough to get everyone's schedules together. 'Specially yours truly. (Violin solo as he snivel's AGAIN about his various jobs/house/wedding woes...I hate the violin! )

I'm still amazed and very gracious that I was cast in Henry the Fifth. Since our first read-through on November 29th, I have attended a total of 4 rehearsals. (sighs) Par for the course in a Pigs Eye show. I've found out that I'm not fighting in the big war scenes (My character, "Montjoy", is a French Herald. I'm told that he wouldn't be actually participating in the battle. Which is cool. The warrior in me, however, craves battle...) Oddly enough, I'm not freaking out about the # of rehearsals I've attended. My blocking is down (Easy in and out stuff. Ooooooo dirty), I've had my lines down pat since early December. Seriuosly. No worries. If the show was called "Montjoy the 1st" I'd probably be a little concerned. That's the Capricorn in me. We just don't get wound up over every little wankin' thing.

Funny Fiancee' story: Whenever I pass out before the J gets home, she usually goes up to the TV room to unwind and sometimes pass out herself. (Finding her way back down to the BR 'round 3am)I was awoke last night to one wide awake lady. Her eyeballs were wide open, big ol' smile on her face. "Can't sleep!" she says, "My brain's racin'". She then takes her hair, and pulls her newly trimmed bangs to the front of her chin. "Whaddya think?". I reply as best I can in my sleepy condition. "That is fantastic! Maybe we should make with the love to get you appropriately sleepy too?" (This is my typical response when I can't think of on more appropo. Can't sleep? Sex'll help! Feeling Sick? Naughty-naughty big kid action is the cure! Rent is due? Well that must mean that it's time for whoopie.) No such luck. Which is her typical response to my stupid typical response.

She laughed, mirthlessly. "Noooo. I'm thinking about the house. We should probably sheet rock the bedroom too...(etc.) Anyway, we ended up talking about the house stuff for an hour. Needless to say, I'm pretty darn sleepy now too. I do love that crazy, insomniac gal.

I got a NYE party at the Chan. Must find appropriate dress shirt. I'll bore you with my purchase later.

No comments: