Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Well, it isn't July. You know?

I woke up from a terrible dream:

I was working part-time at a Christmas tree lot. I was steaming, b/c people shopping for tree's over the holidays were proving to be high-end assholes. (Over dead coniferous foliage. Go figure) A group of people came over to buy a nice Douglas fir and they were particularly over-animated, which lead me to believe they were actors. When theater did come up, the amped their dramatics up to "11". It was obnoxious, they started singing showtunes from the musical they were all currently in together, laughed a little too loud for being out in public, paid for their tree, and they were nice/harmless enough I found myself wishing them a "Happy Holidays" in spite of myself.

Except they forgot their tree.

At the end of my shift, my boss made me track them down via their credit card receipt and a lenghty online search process- and finally found their phone number. I asked the guy if he minded coming back to get his tree and he told me to drive it out to him (an hour or two away) as it was my problem. I told him I wouldn't, and if he didn't get it we'd sell it to someone else. He grew belligerant, I told him it made no difference to me, he cussed at me, and finished by saying "Well whatever for YOU. YOU'RE not even DOING theater. YOU'RE just shilling TUH-REE'S!!!" I told him to go fuck his Sondheim-warbling ass and hung up.

And I woke up feeling very dejected. After all, Christmas was over 4 months ago.

And I could see out the window, that it was snowing. Accumulated snowfall.

And then it all made perfect sense. : (

No comments: