Sunday, May 02, 2010

Waste of Sabbath Space

I made good on my promise to myself that I'd get up and start today with (kind of) a bang. I managed to get to Subway (first and foremost) for one of their breakfast sammies. (Review on the hippo site forthcoming.) Sufficed to say, I was a little under the whelmed. For future reference I'll be putting together my own, thanks.

Okay, so I did make it to BP for part of my list. I cruised up to Hwy 81 and traveled North to Brooklyn Blvd before heading back East. Lots, and I mean lots have changed. Village North is now becoming apartments and it looks like a new development is being created on the corner of Zane and BB. White Castle, Walgreens, and the DQ are still there. Most of the churches. And the Hardee's come Italian fast food in the mall-ish area by Rainbow is now an Arbys, go fig.

Godfathers, Rocky Rococco, and Blondies? All alive. Blondies patio was hoppin. Even at 10:30am. (How Godfathers has made it is beyond me. Really. Most metro stores have gone belly up by now) I popped in to Mound Cemetery to pay some respects. Lamby is still there, albeit it looks more like a gray Twinkie as opposed to the lamb I remembered as a kid. Funny. I never knew the name of the kid...funnier still, I can't find that random tombstone I ran into that was a 7th grade classmate of mine. I swear I've looked every time I've been there for the last 15 years since I've seen it. And it's not there. I'm beginning to think I imagined it.

Anyway, I took pics of my schools...the old home. I drove past the old...old home, but there were a few people in the driveway and it'd have felt creepy. As it was they were checking me out as I circled past.


All told, my trip took around 90 minutes plus a gas up at the Holiday. I was mildly insomniatic the night before so I plunked down for some nappage after getting home and investing in lunch. (A fat-free bean burrito. Shup) I woke up with every intention of grilling and hitting the gym, but the Bean was outside using my new toy (the Weed Hound. No more popping up dandelions on our hands and knees!) So I decided to do some manual labor in the form of fixing the outdoor brick work and laying some more weed barrier. I engaged in some weed whacking until a piece flung off and hit my eyeball. Fun. I'll let you know if I can open it tomorrow. Go-Go Gadget No-Insurance!

My spirit failed and dinner ended up being Chinese. I couldn't muster the strength for much else. Theatre night #2 fail. Hey...at least I made it to TRP last night.

Not too much exciting, pampers. Laundry is in. My bed is made, the mattress flipped and rotated, and the bolts tightened so hopefully there will be less squeaking. (Shut it)

(Sighs)...let's see what the regimented week brings...

No comments: