Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Great Weekend everyone!

It was a globorious laborious day weekend...one where I didn't go kite boarding and nearly break my knee in the process... coughcoughMDcoughcough (Holy s#it, Doc. Are you for real? That's my ultimate nightmare, yo.)

Friday- I Fair'ed it. And it was glorious. AL, the gay burrito, and m'self headed out mid-morning for the festivities. We did the things you do, including my visit to the Eco Building to see that stupid little skit I shot last year. (Royalties? Hello? I cry bulls#it.) It grew hot during the day, so much so that it almost became heavy and oppressive. We were done by 2:45 or so and I headed back for the day where basically I came off of a gnarly case of sunstroke before proceeding to my "playing house" at Moda's new joint. It was kinda sad that we didn't do the grandstand vendors or any booths (Curmudgeonly McDickhead was adamant about avoiding the shops) so goes an era...

Total food eaten: Deep-Fried Turkey Sammich, nabbed a few deep-fried pickle chips, 1.5 foot Pronto Pup, 4 Sweet Martha's cookies, a bite of steak sandwich (avoid), 3 pieces of cheese curd, 1.5 small beers (I couldn't finish'em. Boo for alcohol abuse) and a shared plate of the Australian Batter-fried potatoes. (Overrated and messy. This is what put me over the edge of sanity)

Caturday was more jogging and lounging (bliss) followed by seeing "Baby J" again and laughing my a$$ off again followed by post-show partying. By the EOD, we were tiiiiiiired. At least we didn't go to BJ's..

Sunday was Hike Day. We ate a big brefkist and then scooted out to Elm Creek Park Reserve where we got lost and had to ask a stoner park employee how to find the Monarch Trail (No lie, honest quote: "Um...I don't really look at maps") After that it was naps and a festive dinner before retiring to the new Casa Del MoBri and chilling on the porch. We got antsy, and decided to check out some of the neighborhood bars, which consisted of walking in. Turning our heads left and right. And leaving. Yeah.

Annnnd, Monday was hot. Muggy Hot. So we spent the afternoon relaxing at Redwrights in the BBP with buddies. (The Bean even came out to play) Amazing food was had (I must have eaten a gogol of crab stuffed mushrooms and half a wheel of cheese and carmelized onions)...needless to say it was great, I spent the night awake pretty much all night long sweating away my indiscretions...and was unhappy at the prospect of returning to the office.

No comments: