Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Fairy Godmothe...what?

2 events (3 if my first foray into making veggie hardshell taco's counts as "An Event")

1- We checked off Ren Fest on our to-do list of summer activities (Thanks to Turtle and Smudge for the comps) It made for a lovely day where we basically traipsed around drinking, eating, and futzing through the shops for the afternoon. By EOD, the shared food tally between the two of us was: Fish and Chips, Wild Rice Soup in a Bread Bowl, Caramel/Apple Ice Cream, Gyro, and several wines/beers/1 mead (Meh). Moda walked away with some awfully pretty pottery for their new kitchen. We ended up ki-boshing trying to hike the trail adjacent to the fest in lieu of a nap (We were tired Tina's) and later in the day we were able to put down the aforementioned taco's and a little BSG before bed.

2-The baptism...That's right, the royal niece had her day in church on Sunday. We lingered, took pictures, and as I sat with the co-Godfather (My bro-in-law) the Priest was giving the candle and smock to us and casually stated that usually the Godfather gets the candle and GodMOTHER gets the smock so we could fight over who gets what.

Oh.

Then it was off for family time and cooing over Lil'Z and Claire the Bear before skidaddling home.

Thoughts on the ceremony.
- The priest looked like a mix between Lou Dobbs and Lee Iacocca.
-He talked like Ben Stein's character in "Ferris Bueller"
-We should have more in the say of how we end a prayer or liturgy. Like instead of "Amen" say "F#ck YEAH!!!"
-I will never sit by my dad again. I was frassin' w/Co-GF and we were joking around yadda yadda when my dad elbows me and whispers "YOU NEED TO RAISE YOUR HAND TOO!!!" so I start to raise my hand while I see the priest is doing it too when I glance around and see that NO ONE ELSE IS DOING IT...I quickly lower my hand and throw dad the stink eye as he's laaaaaughing.

I'm gonna be sent to hell...

No comments: