Saturday, May 26, 2007

A day late, but...Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Star Wars!!! (*Thanks to the photoshop mastery of Lando CalrissIan. Please note Mo-da in the background)

I started a nostalgic thread on the old Frassboard when I remembered that it was the 30th anniversary of the saga. I blathered on about how we sat through it twice in the theatre. How we had the toys. How it really affected the way big brother and I acted and played, and eventually our pursuit of arts which are martial. How to this day, if there is an automatic door to a building I'll wave my hand in front of the thing to open it. How flashlights became impromptu lightsabers. How the family camper became the Millennium Falcon. And how on one fateful Father's Day a few years back, we all drifted into the TV room at big brothers old house to watch a Sunday airing of Episode one. And my dad cheekily said "Taking you boys to see that film was the worst thing I ever did".


Well the thread blew up, to my untold joy. Some of the mods and posters even started using Star Wars themed "Handles" (ex: "Bri-G-88", "Echelobot", and the aforementioned "Moda" and "Lando CalrissIan". Me? Luke. Doi.)


Geeks? Sure. 32 year old geek, right here. Now if you'll excuse me? Before I drag my tired Wookie buns outside for some trimming and mowing? I need to grab that broom handle and make like a jedi.

May the Force be with you...Frassers.

No comments: