Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Done and Done

PORCH'DDD

This project has been a thorn in my side since I moved in. It started with someone's general hatred of the carpet, followed by tearing it up, followed by multi-tasking (Homeowner mistake number 1- Don't work on multiple things at once. I think I ponied this job up with cutting and laying the brickwork patio out back) followed by stripping the gawdawful wood, followed by dismantling the existing Pergo on a dance floor, followed by discovering it only covered 1/4th of the floor...followed by 2 years of sitting on it.

Then Daddyo and RSVP came over last fall where we made the discovery that "Hey...they discontinued this brand of Pergo!") And we waited through the winter. And now that the 'Bean's daughter is getting hitched party is at mi casa, I needed to pretty her up. So I hauled a new darker pergo in to help mask the eventual dusting. Turns out, new pergo has the foam backing already attached so we had to take up the existing foam I layed down last fall.

6 hours, three sweaty P men, and a whole boat load of cursing later- Done'd.

Sooooo...if anyone has a line on some nice wicker furniture, and a matching area carpet/runner that would "really tie the room together"...find me.


ps: I also repaired and painted the picnic table out back. It's a nice, rich colonial red. But I've been fighting my wabi sabi hankering to splatter different paints on it ala' Jackson Pollack.

1 comment:

momo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.