Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bloop Bloop

Whudda weekend, pampers. Another GREAT run of "Normal" (Last weekend, kids. Don't make the mistake of missing it! ) So far, we've had 9 Ivey reviewer's attend. It'd be kinda nice, you know? To be part of a show that clinches, or has a perfomer clinch, an Ivey? And there are definitely folks in the show that deserve it. Boy, howdy.

Thank you, family, for the gift of pans. This weekend was home cooking heaven, thanks to your X-mas gift. Thursday was a deliscious pasta with tomato, olive oil, spinach, and bourgeoius cheese. Friday night was baked salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, and grilled asparagus*. Saturday a.m. was whole wheat English muffin with egg beaters/soy cheese/veggie sausage patties. Sunday a.m. was diced potato and onions topped with cheese, scrambled eggs mixed with spinach/tomato/red onion/fresh basil...all covered in cheese- I even used all four burners. Pip Pip.

I kid you not...I love cooking. And working out. Holy b@lls, I actually made it to the gym Thursday through Sunday. Note to self: You aren't in your 20's, dude. You no longer suffer "Heavy" days well. Dig?

Sunday night post-show, Redwright was kind enough to invite us over for homemade jambalaya and hot tubbing. Exactly what these old bones needed. FW, TLC and I warbled "Oklahoma" at the top of our lungs while we soaked...and for some reason I imagine Dorajar, Redwright, and BD staring at each other quietly...their collective eye rolls actually creating sound.



* So get this- I hate cooking potatoes. I try. I usually fail. Soooooo, after promising to make garlic mashed potatoes for weeks I decide to throw it on the menu. I boil the red potatoes until they're easily piercable with a fork. Toss'em in a mixing bowl. Add a half cup of fat free creamer and half a cup of skim milk. Two tablespoons of reduced fat butter. Salt. Fresh cracked pepper. Annnnnnnnd approximately 48 minced bulbs of garlic. (Which reminds me...Ma? That jarful of bulbs you gave me at Christmas? Almost gone. Any chance we can get some more?)

Anyway, it was good...the Salmon turned out a lllleeetle bit dry, but on the whole I was pleased. But oh boy, my love of garlic was seVERELY tested. We reeked. Like...bad. Every "urp" caused the other to look with an undisguised unpleasant face followed by an "Ew". Did we learn our lesson?

No. Every time we stole a bite from the leftovers...the other person knew. It was completely and utterly unmaskable. And we were so, so sorry to the cast. We smelled. Awful. I'm sure of it.

No comments: