Friday, August 01, 2008

In other news...CON'DDDD

Mattso slipped me some roofies and convinced me that working a staged comedy ninja demo here would be a pretty good idea. Ergo, I will be spending this sunny and hot Caturday afternoon milling about with anime' enthusiast's and the invariable indoor kid. I'm sure that at least a few of the participants will have beaten their own high scores playing Guitar Hero at least three times the morning before attending.

I kid.

Actually, I'm kinda anxious/curious about the con as a whole. The last fan convention that I attended was back at the "Dr. Who" con that was held at the Mpls. Armory back in 1986. (I went as the 5th Doctor, thankyouverymuch...I did not get Colin Baker or Patrick Troughton's-RIP-autograph.) Sci-Fi or Comic Con's I'd fare better at, since my frame of reference for Anime' is pretty much vague memories of watching "Robotech" and "Voltron" when I was a kid.

Soooooo, it'll be interesting to say the least. Heh...

Oh, I'm playing this guy, btw (It's a character description, you ya-yo's)... My plan is to have my feathered 1992 poofy hair (sans mullet. No time to get a mullet extension either) and a handlebar 'stache as an homage to my friend Chad G. The only real thing I'm concerned about is riffing in front of a group of con attendee's who either will, or will not be expecting some semblance of "real" martial arts. (Of which there really won't be. I'll post pics and explain the gig later) Anyway, we're making each other laugh which tends to be a pretty good sign. And so far only 72% of my jokes have clunked. Which means that I'll end up talking fast and make poop jokes. It will be glooooorious.


If you have absolutely nothing to do and want a social experiment, you should attend. IJS.

1 comment:

tallen said...

1986, Dr Who Conv... um... yeah... I was there too.