Monday, March 24, 2008

The Looooove Boat...

(This'll be longish. You've been warned)

So I went on a cruise. There, I said it.

The genesis is as follows:

After checking out my folks Euro trip photos and my daddy-o's recommendation of checking out Europe before I die, I got a bug up my butt to hit Italy/Paris with Moda. I even went so far as to offer the trip as a X-mas gift. What I wasn't counting on was the fact that the dollar was so frassin' WEAK right now. (The exchange is...well I don't even wanna say)

So, we looked into warm weather vacay's instead. At first we looked at Mexico and Florida as hot tickets, and while we searched and searched our options and for online deals, the deals themselves became more and more cost prohibitive as the time went by. (Airfare was a bitca) At one point, we were resigned to just give up. Then we saw cruise deals.

Now, I was always of the mind that cruises were for seniors. And also that Moda didn't like the idea of being cooped up. But the more we looked into it the more it started to appeal to us. But again, flights were showing up as pretty cost-prohibitive and time was sneaking past us (we needed to hit it during her Spring Break from school)

Well now, we found a CA cruise with two ports of call that fell in our price range. A clickety clackety moment later and we were set. (Although Orbitch coulda hooked up our flight sooner. We didn't get confirmation until two days before we left!!!)

I wrangled my way out of work that week, and it was on like Donkey Kong. And how did it go?

I'll tell ya...

No comments: